Thursday, June 16, 2016

Just a girl...but not JUST a Girl

Hey there, my name is Shonny and I'm just a girl.... But not JUST a girl. Im a girl with a dream, a girl with hopes and a girl on a journey to find her place and her purpose in life. That totally sounded like the intro of some corny movie I would probably never watch. (please don't judge me.)

I sat staring at my lap top just thinking about what my first post would be and just decided to write whatever comes to mind.So forgive me if I'm rambling but I'm just trying to get a few of my thoughts down.

This year has been amazing so far. We're 6 months in already. Can you believe it?! *sigh* 6 months! I've already traveled to 3 countries, done two things off of my bucket list and started a new job. Could things get any better? I'm sure they can, but right now I'm just counting my blessings.

I haven't had the easiest life growing up and bad luck seemed to follow me wherever I went and no matter what I did, I could never seem to get it right in any aspect of my life. Although my life isn't perfect right now, this is the best I have ever felt because for once I'm finally living and doing things for me.

No worries and no stress ....just focusing on me and my goals. Traveling is one of them. I haven't done much of it until last year when I met this guy and he awakened my appetite for wanting to see the world. He had done so much and seen so much and all I could think was... " I wanna be just like that". Granted I only went to two countries last year but I actually explored ...and did... and saw things. It was amazing!

Now, here I am...starting a blog. Something I've always thought about doing but didn't think I would be any good at. YOLO (do people still say that? Hope I didnt give my age away.)

This blog isn't going in any particular direction but I'm going to share pieces of me ...with you. The things I love like; fashion, food and travelling and even some of my deepest thoughts and feelings. That part really scares me but maybe it will help someone out there who feels the same way I do, to not feel so alone.

 So this is me,Shonny and I'm just a girl... but not  JUST a girl.



3 comments: