Friday, June 24, 2016

Good Evening Mr.Bond...(Last minute shopping Ideas)

This week has been super crazy and stressful and no, I'm not talking about your typical work related stress. I have a big event coming up and a closet full of nothing to wear!....or so it seems.

My friends and family all know I have a shopping addiction and I love stocking up on basics; however, now that I have this huge event coming up next week Saturday I've realized that I have nothing to wear. 

I'm a firm believer in standing out from the crowd. On a small island like this where everyone typically shops at the same places its hard to do just that, so I tend to do most of my shopping online. 

Most persons shy away from Online Shopping because they're afraid of ordering the wrong size, that the quality of the clothing wont be great or simply don't want to be bothered with the extra charges (shipping fees,vat,customs...) but I love it! 

The event that I'm shopping for is super exclusive and upscale. Its James Bond themed and the invitation states that the dress code is "Iconic Bond Fashion".

When I thought of James Bond, I automatically thought of a black tie affair. Something super swanky and classy. So I went on the hunt for something that was not only chic but sexy at the same time. Here are some of the sites and options that I came up with.


Meshki Boutique

http://www.meshki.com.au/



Elektra King 1999's, The World is not Enough




This dress is called the Calandra Shirt dress and comes in white and nude. Meshki Boutique is an Australian site that sells designer garments for a reasonable price. The great part about this site is that they offer express shipping to the US which is where most of my items are shipped before it gets to the Bahamas (Its a flat rate of $15 and takes anywhere from 2-3 days) and I need this dress ASAP!


Missguided

 https://www.missguidedus.com/


Missguided is a UK site. Their clothes are really cute and range anywhere from $7-$120.

This was another pick for the event:


Natalya Simonova from 1995's, Golden Eye


This dress is called the Peace + Love pleat ruched front midi dress in the color white. It also comes in Black. I love the Grecian style of this dress and the way it just drapes over the shoulders and Gathers at the front. It gives off a super sexy vibe with its low cut top and open sides and seemed to be a great choice for my event.  

Missguided also offers Express shipping at a flat rate of $15 which takes 2-3 days to arrive to the US.


Pretty little thing

https://www.prettylittlething.us/

This site was relatively new to me. I had never purchased anything from there before but had seen a few try on hauls on YouTube featuring it.

Pretty little thing is also a UK site and is quite similar to Missguided in design and layout. They have really cute pieces at affordable prices.

Much like Missguided and Meshki Boutique they also offer Express shipping at a flat rate of $15 and it takes about 2-3 days to deliver to the US.

There were two dresses on this site that caught my eye.

Dress #1:


Sylvia Trench from 1962's, Dr.No




This dress is called the Katalea Twist front silky shirt dress in the color champagne. This dress also comes in dusty pink, lime and black. Its in the same silky material as the Calandra shirt dress from Meshki Boutique and is a great play on one of this years top spring trends, the pajama trend.

With its loose fit and silky material it gives off that alluring pajama vibe. There is just something that is effortlessly sexy about this piece and styled just right I think it would be great for my event.


Dress #2:

Solitaire from the 1973's, Live and let Die



This dress is called the Biddy Deep V Plunge cross back midi dress. Its super sexy and super sleek in a bright red color that demands your attention. This dress comes in a variety of colors and you're sure to find one that compliments your skin tone. The midi length gives it a classy feel and the low cut back and front gives off a tasteful dose of sexiness.

These are my top four picks for the event and seeing as the event is officially one week away I'm going to have to make that decision today. Real world problems.

Which one's your favorite and how would you style it? You guys will have to wait and see which one I chose and how I styled it. Until next time loves . Besos

2 comments:

  1. I just realized that those picks were based on actual photos. Now they make more sense to me. The Katalea Twist Front Silk Dress is closer to being on the approved list now. Lol - Kream

    ReplyDelete